We have a lot to offer you
Modern Spacious Clubhouse
- A large Wardroom and lounge with panoramic views over the Marina and Waikawa Bay.
- Full Bar facilities, when open for meals or during Club or sporting functions.
- Restaurant meals are available every Friday, Sunday evenings during the winter and after sailing on Tuesdays and Thursdays in summer.
- Shower, laundry and toilet facilities are available to senior members 24/7.
- Hire our venue for weddings, parties or conferences.
- Our Club Manager is available on 03 573 6798, if no reply please leave a message and you will be contacted.
- The club owns almost 100 secure, well maintained moorings throughout Queen Charlotte Sound, Pelorus Sound and D’Urville Island for the use of our Senior members. These moorings are jointly shared with the Mana and Pelorus Boating Clubs to spread the cost of maintenance and to give you greater mooring options for your enjoyment.
- The Yacht Racing Program runs through the full year and caters for all levels of ability. With Twilight racing on Tuesdays through summer, regattas, coastal races, harbour racing and the Sunday Winter Series. Plus the popular Lean to sail series held over summer on Thursday evenings as well as the more social Business House Series there is always something happening on the water.
- Cruises vary from social overnight ‘raft-up’s at a designated location to week long cruises to D’Urville Island and Pelorus Sound and further afield if several boats wish to take part.
- Yachts and launches and trailer boats are all encouraged to join in.
- Annual beach clean up to go ashore and remove rubbish from beaches where we have moorings is completed each year.
- Mooring dives are undertaken each year where the seafloor around our moorings is cleaned from rubbish.
- The Club leases a marina berth in front of the Clubhouse for the use of members and visitors.
- There is a charge of $2 per metre per day of boat length with a minimum charge of $15 per day. The marina berth is booked on a first in first berthed system by calling the club office.
- The club has an active Executive, who work hard to ensure the smooth running of the Club.
- The Waikawa Boating Club is affiliated to Yachting New Zealand and as such, is under the umbrella of the National Association, which lobbies Government hard, to help all recreational boaties.
- The Club publishes a weekly email newsletter to keep you up to date with club activities and other items of interest including a members section.
SENIOR (not age related!) members have full rights; voting, use of the club including 24/7 key access to the showers/toilets and laundry, racing, moorings. Any person who owns a boat capable of staying overnight on will join as a Senior member. Senior members may be single, couple or family memberships.
CREW membership is for those who wish to crew on a boat belonging to a senior member of the club and does not own or is not in permanent charge of a boat. Crew memberships may be single or couple memberships. Crew members are not eligible to vote, hold key access to the club or hold office in an elected Executive position. Crew members may alos not use the club moorings unless accompanied by a Senior member and flying the correct pennants.
SOCIAL memberships are similar to Crew memberships, the subscription is the same and the rights are the same excluding the ability to crew on a senior members boat. Social memberships are aimed for people who enjoy the club social aspect and usually (not always) would reside locally.
TEMPORARY Memberships are aimed towards those who fit this category – the person and their boat resides either north of 39 degree south latitude or south of 45 degrees south latitude. Their intention is to cruise Marlborough with their boat for a season and to use the Club facilities and moorings. A Senior Temporary Member may join by paying the subscribed fee for a maximum period of two months, and completing the membership application form. Temporary memberships may not be extended, although you may join as a full Senior member and pay the joining fee and balance of Senior membership subscription plus any levy.
Please download the membership application and contact the club office if you have any questions.