Download Full and Crew Membership Application Form here
We have a lot to offer you
Modern Spacious Clubhouse
- A large Wardroom and lounge with panoramic views over the Marina and Waikawa Bay.
- Full Bar facilities, when open for meals or during Club functions.
- Restaurant meals are available every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with Sunday evenings after racing during the winter.
- Lunches and tea/coffee are available 10am-2pm Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in The Galley Cafe, Restaurant and Bar on the club premises.
- Shower, laundry and toilet facilities are available to full members 24/7.
- Hire our venue for weddings, parties or conferences.
- Our Club Manager is available on 03 573 6798, if no reply please leave a message and you will be contacted.
- The club owns almost 100 secure, well maintained moorings throughout Queen Charlotte Sound, Pelorus Sound and D’Urville Island for the use of our Senior members. These moorings are jointly shared with the Mana and Pelorus Boating Clubs to spread the cost of maintenance and to give you greater mooring options for your enjoyment.
- The Yacht Racing Program runs through the full year and caters for all levels of ability. With Twilight racing on Tuesdays and Thursdays through summer, regattas, coastal races, harbour racing and the Sunday Winter Series. Plus the popular Lean to sail series held over summer on Thursday evenings.
- Cruises vary from social overnight ‘raft-up’s at a designated location to week long cruises to D’Urville Island and Pelorus Sound and further afield if several boats wish to take part.
- Yachts and launches and trailer boats are all encouraged to join in.
- Annual beach clean up to go ashore and remove rubbish from beaches where we have moorings is completed each year.
- Mooring dives are undertaken each year where the seafloor around our moorings is cleaned from rubbish.
- The Club leases a marina berth in front of the Clubhouse for the use of members and visitors.
- There is a charge of $3 per metre per day of boat length with a minimum charge of $15 per day. The marina berth is booked on a first in first berthed system by calling the club office.
- The club has an active Executive, who work hard to ensure the smooth running of the Club.
- The Waikawa Boating Club is affiliated to Yachting New Zealand and as such, is under the umbrella of the National Association, which lobbies Government hard, to help all recreational boaties.
- We are also affiliated to Clubs NZ giving our members access to over 300 clubs throughout New Zealand.
- The Club publishes a weekly email newsletter to keep you up to date with club activities and other items of interest including a members section.