Join the Waikawa Boating Club this summer and enjoy our best kept secrets…
- Our members have the use of over 90 sheltered moorings throughout Queen Charlotte Sound, D’Urville Island and Pelorus Sound.
- Club marina berths provide easy access for all manner of boat maintenance and repair, with most marine services within easy walking distance.
- Special member bar prices and fantastic meals – Club night is Friday night.
- We have an active yacht racing and popular cruising program for all members.
- Explore the bays at your leisure – we have 20% of NZ’s coastline and only 1.2% of the population, simple to navigate with deep water and easy tides.
- Easy access points to Queen Charlotte Track – one of NZ’s premier walking and mountain bike tracks.
- Walk the tracks on the islands and discover Captain Cook’s favourite locations in the sounds.
- Visit our bird sanctuary, Motuara Island walk to the WWII gun emplacements on Bluemine Island.
- Vineyards, wineries and tasting rooms on our doorstep – 75% of NZs total wine production happens here in Marlborough.
- Easy to provision your boat at Picton, all shops and cafes only a short walk from the town marina.
- We have many crew and skippers experienced in delivering boats if you need a hand.
- Special 2 month Temporary Memberships available
And, or course, our weather is phenomenal….