We are a truly nationwide Club with our membership of approximately 620 with 1/3 calling Marlborough home. Canterbury and Wellington residents being our next most significant membership regions. The lure of boating in the relatively calm waters of Marlborough Sounds continues to attract members from Northland to Southland.
Included in our membership numbers are our Crew members who crew on yachts in our racing fleet or enjoy the atmosphere of our Wardroom after sailing or on our popular Friday night Club nights, or on any number of social occasions held at the club.
Whether you are looking to take part in yacht racing, the more leisurely pursuit of cruising and social raft-ups, want to go it alone and enjoy our moorings, wish to upskill your boating knowledge and capability or would simply like to enjoy a pleasant environment, meal and drink in our wardroom – you are most welcome.
The Waikawa Boating Club is an Incorporated Society with the main objectives as to promote:
1. Boating under power and sail, including racing and cruising.
2. Development of social activities for club members.
3. Interaction with other clubs with similar objectives.
4. Education in safe boating practices and
5. Any act or thing incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives.
We are a community driven organisation with hundreds of volunteer hours helping the club continue to develop and improve our offering to members and the local community.